Services / Geotechnical
Geotechnical services form the roots of our company. We have extensive experience in almost every type of Geotechnical consulting.
GEC works with developers, architects, civil design engineers, design-build contractors, school boards, and municipalities to determine the geotechnical aspects or needs of a proposed project. We also have the expertise and experience to help determine the root causes of a problem.
Our engineers typically follow a project from inception to final construction. They ensure that quality data gathering techniques are implemented so sufficient sampling is achieved. Once proper sampling and testing is done, we use the field and laboratory data, along with geotechnical engineering theory, software, and good solid engineering judgement (along with a good dose of common sense) to meet the needs of the project.
Here is a partial list of geotechnical consulting services GEC provides:
- Subsurface evaluations for site design and development
- Retaining wall design criteria
- Geosynthetic soil stabilization, analysis & design
- Foundation soil stability evaluations
- Shallow & Deep Foundation Design Criteria
- Foundation Settlement analysis
- Earthen Embankment Design
- Site / excavation Dewatering
- Slope stability analysis
- Pavement analysis and design
- Subsurface evaluations
- Geotechnical evaluation for dam design
- Dam construction inspection and testing
- Construction engineering
- Pile load testing
- Pile and caisson installation monitoring
- Site seismic analysis - IBC Site Classification
- Site specific spectral response analysis
- Soil evaluations for onsite sewage management systems
Contact GEC for professional Geotechnical services.